Few days ago, Nintendo Power Mag revealed the online play for Wii version of Madden NFL 08 and now the same mag reveals some more tidbits about the great upcoming Madden NFL sequel. This time describing in an elaborated write-up, the mag explains the downloadable content, mini-game, etc. Here is what the mag comes up with:
• Exhibition match-ups
• Online lobby with real-time leaderboards
• EA Locker features
• EA “My Profile” when online, which includes country of origin, win/loss record, defensive percentage, overall ranking, and 5-star
• reputation score
• ESPN ticker updates
• Promised downloadable content such as roster updates planned for late 2008, early 2009
• Friend Code Implementation: Unknown as of right now, interface will be similar from other versions. Wii players will be able to
• randomly play against an opponent.
• No voice chat, but will offer EA’s instant-messaging system
• 22-mini-game party mode, which allow players to play new drills such as the 40-yard dash. Also includes a football-trivia
• mini-game. Your performance in party mode will also affect your party mode rating, which can go as high as 99. This rating is recorded via your system’s own Mii roster.
• Instant head-to-head action with worldwide gamers
• Up-to-the-moment roster updates
• Virtual League which will allow players to join online tournaments
• Offline: Full Mii roster functionality with mini-games and more
The long list of features associated with online compatible game for Wii will make the title more fun to play and visually beautiful, and will take the Madden NFL franchise to the next level.